During a period of rapid expansion, Aflac was challenged with managing and maintaining corporate campus buildings and equipment ranging in age from three to 30 years, and HVAC systems that varied from central plant chilled water systems to direct expansion rooftop units.
To help Aflac consolidate and maintain their diverse facilities, EMCOR Services Aircond provided an array of HVAC and facilities management solutions, including audits, training, and maintenance.
We were able to identify a number of programming changes and mechanical system retrofits that helped significantly lower energy costs and increase energy efficiency.
Our solutions also helped Aflac improve facilities maintenance, enhance in-house expertise, and reduce overall facilities management costs.
Aflac needed comprehensive mechanical services for facilities management and maintenance across a wide variety of buildings and systems.
EMCOR Services Aircond’s comprehensive solutions included:
- Facilities audit, including review of the entire Aflac facilities maintenance group, and recommendations to Aflac management for:
- Increasing efficiencies
- Organizational and managerial changes
- Establishing skill-set requirements and upgrades
- Facilities energy efficiency and productivity survey to assess systems efficiency and operations productivity throughout Aflac's campus. Our engineering team evaluated:
- Building automation systems
- Mechanical systems
- Equipment operations
- Control strategies
- Energy management
- Technical facilities management and support, providing Aflac a full-time on-site technician, supported by other technicians trained on Aflac’s systems and equipment. In addition, we provide assistance from a district service manager, account manager, and executive team member, to help ensure best practices oversight.
- Monthly facilities maintenance training curriculum to provide ongoing professional development for Aflac's primary facilities managers and personnel that includes:
- E-Learning courses developed and administered by EMCOR’s Customer Solutions Center
- Hands-on and classroom training in specific subjects
- Campus-wide elevator maintenance that combined three elevator maintenance contracts Aflac had with three different companies into a single campus-wide contract. Our contract also includes a major overhaul and upgrade of four elevators in a 19-story high-rise—for the same cost Aflac was paying for their previous three maintenance-only contracts combined.
Aflac is a leading provider of supplementary insurance for more than 40 million customers worldwide.